Valentine Cupcakes

Valentine Cupcake.jpg
Valentine Cupcakes
These are cupcakes I made using a basic vanilla cupcake recipe with some chocolate chips added to the mixture. I put the mixture into a silicone heart cupcake tray. I lightly greased the silicone before I put the mixture in. When the cupcakes were cool I removed them from the tray and cut them all in half. I spread Strawberry jam inside the cupcakes and then placed the top back on. I took a tube of ready made pink and red icing and made and edge on each cupcake. You could also make your own butter cream or fresh whipped cream and edge the cakes. I the took a packet of jelly glaze. I bought mine at the supermarket. They advertise it to glaze fruit flans. I made up the jelly and put a large spoonful on to each cupcake. This glaze sets immediately. I really like the shine on the cupcakes.

These heart cupcakes could have fresh raspberries and slices of fresh strawberry on the top and then have the red glaze. I think they are very attractive to look at. They could also have fresh fruit inside and fresh cream in all types of combinations. Raspberry jam or cherry jam would also be a good alternative. I have also seen lots of pomegranates in the shops so perhaps they could also be used as an attractive fruit for valentines cupcakes.
It is not long to Valentines so happy baking and thanks for reading. Any comments and questions are welcome. If you try out any of my ideas I would love to see your variations.

Valentine Cupcakes 1
Valentine Cupcakes 2
Valentine Cupcakes 3
Valentine Cupcakes 4
Valentine Cupcakes 5

Valentine Cupcakes

0 comments: